Monday, February 10, 2014

Today would have been another "all day in pajamas", but I actually have somewhere to go.  So that means getting dressed, unless I'm going to WalMart.  We do not need to dress for WalMart.  Since I'm not headed to WalMart because one actually goes there to buy something, and I haven't had any income for over 6 weeks to allow me that luxury, I really need to get dressed.  WalMart is not a place people go to window shop, by the way.
So, today is the day I get to pick up my "Manufacturing" certificate.  I actually am now a certified "Production Technician."  I took this class because it was offered as a free course through unemployment and we were all promised offers of jobs at the end.  I did not want to work in a factory, but hoped I could get a job in the office of a factory because I would have the knowledge of production and safety rules, along with office skills. As usual, this plan did not work.  And, as far as I know, no one has a job of the ten people completing the course.  One firm interviewed me five times for two different office jobs, and I have not heard from them.  As far as I know, I was not interviewing to be President of the company...just someone who answers phones and has basic office skills.  Seriously...five times?
Normally, if I have no where to go, I don't bother to dress or comb my hair, or much of anything.  My bones actually ache from sitting and doing nothing.  This is very bad, so for the past few days I have been forcing myself to make plans so I am motivated to move.  I even had company one day which gave me incentive to clean and wipe things that hadn't seen a wet rag in months!  I never get company because I live in the woods and people tell me they can't find my house. Yea, right.  But, I am off the beaten path, so it's really not convenient to visit without a purpose.  I would think my face would be a purpose, but it is apparently not something people are interested in seeing.  Can't say I blame them.  I don't even like seeing my face!! And if I forget to use my "beauty cream"...forget it!  The whole face falls down!
As I said many times, we're really all the same.  When I surprise visited one of my friends one afternoon recently, she and her daughter were still in their pj's!  I'm sure most people do the same thing when they have no where to go. Unfortunately, five days in your pj's is unacceptable. I will work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment