Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Today is a great day! Job interview this afternoon thanks to a recommendation by a good friend.  Two other possible jobs recommended by two other friends.  Good news for someone who has been unemployed for over a year and has had no income for seven weeks.
Unfortunately, the diet is not going as well.  Apparently, I like colorful foods like Swedish Fish, Tostitos and salsa, and peanut M & M's.  I've tried to pretend these are part of the "colorful" food group, but others have informed me this group is not part of the food pyramid. But, they look so pretty altogether in dishes!
Each morning I wake up with a plan.  Today is the day I eat only healthy food, and I will take a 45 minute walk. I will take all my vitamins, brush my teeth two times today, floss, and maybe even shower.  When there is no where to be at any given time, this sounds like a good plan that can be stretched out over the day.  I did not add chores to the list because that would be too much to expect any person to do in one day!
So, I get up, have a cup of coffee, eat oatmeal with fruit, and feel very proud of myself.  Then I need a snack as a reward. So, peanut butter and bananas is next.  Healthy, right?  Well, there is only one donut left and it's only the hole, so I should eat that so it doesn't go to waste. Now, it is lunch time.  Great!! There is some French bread left over from last night. I'll just have a couple pieces of that because it's lunch time so I'm good.  Hate to see this bread having to be thrown away.  I should probably have something else with the bread.  Left over mashed potatoes sound good.  It would probably get thrown away if I didn't eat it.  I need something crunchy.  Who left the Tostitos out?  This is bad, I better put them away, as I shove a couple of handfuls in my mouth.  It's crunchy.  What??  Only a little kettle popcorn left in this bag.  That's not good.  I better finish it off.  How bad can it be if it has corn in it?
I hope it's supper time now, because I have gone a little off the diet.  I should probably not eat supper.  But, I do.  And later, I grab some Swedish Fish.  I see why the diet is not going well.  I have no will power!!! And, I love junk food!  What happened to my walk?  Did I run out of day light trying to figure out what I could eat next??
Alternately, my husband started smoking this year.  He is 61.  Who does this???  He has always been thin and has never had to diet.  He eats whatever he wants, but he does not overdo the snacks.  It's still annoying that we can eat the same food in a day, and he will maintain and I will gain.  I am upset that he is smoking and I can't stand to watch him.  So I close the curtains.  But, I am considering starting to smoke because I hear it kills your appetite.  So instead of dying from high blood pressure or diabetes, I will probably get something else.  But, I will look nice and thin before that.  That's a bit warped, but I'm trying to motivate myself to start eating properly.  I think I just need a job.  Being busy keeps me more in control.  Too much time just makes me wonder what I can eat next.
I suspect we're really all the same when it comes to dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment