Sunday, February 9, 2014

Life. We're really not that different!: Still trying to get the hang of this... Will this ...

Life. We're really not that different! 

This is getting ridiculous, I cannot figure out how to do a new post.  I've done two so far, but each time I struggle to figure out how to do the next one.

Today was a good day.  Church with friends, breakfast after, visited a friend who has seven chickens who live in a house nicer than mine (the chickens that is), got some fresh eggs, then visited another friend who is struggling with accepting the fact that her husband has brain cancer.  I gave her the eggs and told her they were fresh from chickens. Of course I forgot all eggs we eat are from chickens.  I got a funny look after that statement, so I clarified, "I mean they are fresh from real chickens."  Of course, are there fake chickens?  "I mean they were just laid and collected by my friend who has seven chickens living in a house in her back yard."  No they were not laid by my friend, they were laid by the chickens.  And the chickens live in a beautiful house in her back yard.  No, not a people house, a chicken house.  A beautiful chicken house that was built for the chickens.  I give up!  Just eat the eggs!  In return,  I got to take home some homemade pepperoni bread.  Yes, bread made at home by her wonderful husband who is feeling great.  He loaded the bread with prosciutto, pepperoni, and roasted red peppers. I may have gained a few pounds after today! So far the diet thing is not going so well, but I will continue to visit my friends till they tell me not to! After all, I have not been out of the house, or my pajamas, for several days.  I'll leave the reason for this for another time. Don't let your minds run wild.  Or, you can.  But remember, we're really not that different, so the reason is simple.

1 comment: